Membership update meeting – Saturday 24 February

Membership update meeting – Saturday 24 February

Just a reminder that the next face to face membership meeting for Circle Membership Officers will be held at the new Head Office in Coventry on 24th February.

At the meeting we will looking at all the Province 6 Circles plans to see what we can learn from them and support the CMO’s so it is very important that all Circles are represented.

Also at this meeting there will be the opportunity to see the new Recruitment Membership Information System (RMIS) in action. I am grateful to the CMO’s of City of Coventry, Leamington Spa, Redditch and Sutton Coldfield for their help in testing the system over the last month or so.

I look forward to welcoming you all to the new Head Office in February.

Dave Prescott 07702 605611

New date – Membership Meeting 24th February 2024

New date – Membership Meeting 24th February 2024

Dear Circle Membership Officer
I have arranged another membership meeting for Saturday 24 February 2024.
This is a follow-on meeting from the one held earlier this year where Circles gave updates on their membership plans and strategies. As you all know my focus has been on all Circles developing their Circle Action plans to retain and grow membership.
It doesn’t matter if you have just started working on the plan or you have already have a plan that is well under way, the objective is to help and support Circles to achieve their objectives because this is the way will be able to grow membership Province 6 and ensure the future for all Circles. If any Circle needs help with getting started please let me know.
If you can’t make this meeting please do ensure someone from your membership team is available to come along in your place. I am sure we will have another productive and positive meeting.
We will be meeting at the Association’s new Head Office in Coventry and we will be one of the first group to meet there. I am looking to finish the meeting by about 1.30pm/2.00pm so that we don’t take up all of your Saturdays but Gill and Lorraine have kindly agreed to be there till 3.00pm if we find the meeting needs to come to a conclusion.
The objective is for us all to go away in a very positive frame of mind with plans that will help every Circle. It is so important that we support each other because that way we become a much tighter close-knit Province with membership at the fore-front of everything we do!
So please put 24 February 2024 in your diaries and let’s look forward to a very positive meeting again.
Dave Prescott
PMO P6
07702 605611
New date – Membership Meeting 24th February 2024

Save the Date – Membership Meeting

I have been on the Membership Work group on National Council now for just over a year. The main objective of the MWG is to slow down the level of membership decline across the association as it has been running at around 5% since the start of the pandemic. I am pleased to report that from the latest membership stats the decline in numbers in our Province is just 1.1% which is the lowest across all the Provinces in GB.
Although this is still a decline, I am confident if all Circles have a plan to retain and increase membership we will stop the decline altogether and start to increase our numbers. We heard some good news from some of the Circles at the last Membership Update meeting in February and I want to thank all the MO’s for working hard to put their Circle plans in place and regularly review them.
Ensuring every Circle has a plan is key to our success so for that reason I will be holding another meeting on Saturday 14 October at the new head office in Coventry. Gill & Lorraine have once again very kindly agreed to open up the office and host our meeting. The move to the new HO will have taken place just 2 weeks before so we will be the first group to have a meeting there so hopefully with the notice you can all come along and see the new office! The main thing we will be focusing on is Circle plans and strategy so if you are unable to make it, it is imperative that someone from your Circle will be present. Every Circle will need to come armed with their plan for membership, it doesn’t matter if it has just started or like some Circles it has been in place for over 3 years, it is the opportunity to support each other, review existing plans and find out what is working well in the Circles that are regularly attracting visiting gentlemen. The objective is for us all to go away in a very positive frame of mind with plans that will help every Circle. It is so important that we support each other because that way we become a much tighter close-knit Province with membership at the fore-front of everything we do!
So please put 14 October 2023 in your diaries and let’s look forward to a very positive meeting again.
Dave Prescott
PMO P6
07702 605611
New date – Membership Meeting 24th February 2024

Save the Date – Membership Meeting for Circle Membership Officers

Following a very successful Membership Update meeting on 18 February at Head Office Coventry, we all agreed that we would like a follow up to keep the impetus going.

Gill and Lorraine have kindly offered to open up the office again on Saturday 1st July 2023 and once again provide refreshments throughout the day.

Please put this date in your diary, if you are unable to make this date please ensure your Circle is represented by another member. The main subject for discussion with be Circle membership plans for recruitment and retention.

Look forward to welcoming you again in July.

Dave Prescott

A Trio For Sutton Coldfield Circle

A Trio For Sutton Coldfield Circle

Sutton Coldfield Circle held its April meeting at Moor Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield on Monday April 17th and  welcomed three new brothers into the Association and  the circle . Tony Mc Daid who is  CEO and  Director of Clerking for a  Barristers Chambers  , Silvano Bisconti a Senior Financial Director  and Mark Anson who is an Engineering Machine Sales Manager. The meeting was the occasion of the Circle’s AGM, installation of new officers and newly elected President  Brother Peter Westbrook’s first task was to enrol the new brothers . All three brothers after their enrolment expressed individually during the meeting how pleased they were to join and looked forward to undertake an active involvement in  the circle and the wider Association. Also present at the meeting was Provincial Membership Officer and Provincial Director elect Brother David Prescott of Kenilworth Circle who congratulated the three new brothers and also the circle on its recruitment efforts. Pictured left to right  are Brother President Peter Westbrook, Brother Silvano Bisconti, Provincial Membership Officer David Prescott., Brother Mark Anson and  Brother Tony McDaid

 

Calling all Circle Membership Officers……

Calling all Circle Membership Officers……

I look forward to welcoming all Province 6 Circle Membership Officers to a membership update meeting at the Catenian Head Office in Coventry. The date will be Saturday 18 February 2023 and the timing would typically be 10.30 to 3.00pm. Refreshments and light lunch would be provided.

We will have a few people speaking on membership matters and there will be a chance for each Circle to update Province on their plans. This is the opportunity for Circles to request how can Province help your Circle or your membership team achieve its objectives.

A good number of Circles are recruiting new members and/or have an increasing numbers of visiting gentlemen so we can all learn a lot from these Circles.

If the Circle Membership Officer is unable to make this meeting please ensure your Circle is represented by inviting another member as it is very important that all 22 Circles are able to attend.

We look forward to a fruitful meeting and for the Province to continue to grow.

Best wishes

David  PMO P6

07702 605611